on 03.06.2013, Monday ( published on 29.03.2013)
Music Centre Boris Christoff
Honoured the seal of European Cultural Heritage
THIRD COMPOSITION COMPETITION
FOR WRITING WORKS
LOW MALE VOICE AND ACCOMPANIMENT
Music Centre/ Museum Boris Christoff
Third Composition competition Boris Christoff
For writing a song for low male voice (baritone or bass) and an accompaniment
The idea of the competition is to become a point of communication between composers and singers.
It is well known that Boris Christoff (1914 – 1993) had a soft spot for chamber music. The great singer was equally responsible and inspired when he was interpreting a role for the stage and when he was making a concert with vocal miniatures.
In a competition for a contemporary song for bass or baritone Music Centre/ Museum Boris Christoff encourages composers to write new repertoire for these compelling male voices.
The lyrics in Bulgarian and the accompanying instrument are to be chosen by the authors.
I. PARTICIPATION CONDITIONS:
1. The competition is open to competitors of any age and nationality;
2. The songs must be written for a low male voice (bass or baritone) accompanied by one instrument, of duration between 3 and 6 minutes, with lyrics in Bulgarian, chosen by the composer;
3. Every competitor can present 2 songs the most, composed not earlier than 2012, recorded on a computer programme or legibly written in 4 copies;
4. The songs must not be publicly performed or published earlier;
5. Participants must send till 3rd June 2013 (post mark regarded) the following materials:
А. A sealed envelope with the work for the competition in 4 copies;
B. A sealed non-transparent envelope containing the name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, photo and a c.v. of the competitor;
C. A sealed envelope containing a declaration by the composer that he/she accepts the conditions of the competition and that the work has not been publicly performed nor published, and that it was not composed earlier than 2012;
6. The competition is anonymous. On the front page of every work in the upper right corner instead of the name of the composer, a five digit number is written. The same number is written on the other envelopes containing information about the competitor. The envelopes and the sheets must not contain any marks that break the anonymity (apart from the five-digit number). Any other signs, breaking the anonymity, lead to disqualification of the composition;
7. Materials must be sent to the following address:
Museum Boris Christoff
Post Box 962
for the competition Boris Christoff
8. Works sent to participate in the competition shall not be returned;
9. The awarded works shall be performed for the first time at the time of Art Festival Boris Christoff;
10. The organizer finances the first performance of the works;
11. The organizer reserves the right to present the first performance, as well as to audio and video record and to broadcast the performance of the awarded works without paying copyright or any compensation to the authors.
1. Works shall be judged by renowned Bulgarian artists;
2. The assessment of the works shall be made by 14th June 2013;
3. The judges have the right not to award or to share any of the prizes;
4. The decision of the judges is final and is not to be reconsidered.
The following prizes shall be awarded:
First prize – BGN 700
Second prize – BGN 500
Third prize – BGN 300 *1 BGN = 1.95 €
Competition Boris Christoff is realized with the support of Ministry of Culture
For further information:
tel. (+359 2) 987 35 92; (+359 0) 887 062 660,
Director Music Centre Boris Chistoff